Photo credits: KIS Photography
As a single parent and a review blogger here on PWS, I am always looking for the products that will help my kids and I eat healthier. From snacks to cooking tools we strive to find the best products to introduce you to. I have compiled a list of products that I love that will help you and your kids SPRING CLEAN YOUR DIET!
I look for products that will make preparing food faster and healthier. Taking the time to teach my kids about eating cleaner and cooking food is a priority in my house. I want to stay away from gluten and all the over processed food. Although, we all live in the real world and sometimes it’s processed food or fast food due to time limits.
*Let them help with food prep.
*Let them shop for fruit and veggies with you.
*Let them choose a meal as long as they include fruits and veggies. (or a balanced meal)
Those are only a couple of things that I do to help my kids eat a little healthier and it works. The pride they take in picking out the food and the meals makes them feel amazing! We need to start young with teaching them how to cook. I wish I was a better cook myself. So starting them younger is ideal!
Below is the list of items that I want to share with you that I love! They help with food prep and the snacks are great for keeping in the car when picking up my kids. I swear they could eat a horse they are so hungry when they get out of school. LOL
Healthier Cooking Tools
- The T-fal OptiCook Cookware Set was crafted to provide an optimal, high-performance cooking experience for the expert cook. With the 12-piece Non-Stick set, there is less need for added oil, not to mention cooking at home with fresh ingredients is always better than takeout when spring cleaning your diet! Available at Kohl’s for $99.99.
- The KRUPS Tea FL700 Tea Kettle offers a 2-in-1 tea maker and traditional kettle for hot tea & iced tea, instead of buying sugar-filled store bought iced tea or soda. Made using a glass jar and stainless steel body, bottom and base. Available at JCPenney.com for $99.99.
- IMUSA Steamer Pot allows for a healthy and fun way to cook while retaining flavor, vitamins and nutrients. Users can steam up anything and everything from seafood and vegetables to tamales—this essential multi-use durable pot has the extra capacity to prepare a host of classic recipes. The steamer insert will keep your food out of water, while the glass lid provides visibility during the cooking process. Available at Target.com for $34.99
- COOKINA Parchminum is a reusable cooking and presentation sheet that combines the efficiency of parchment paper with the appearance of aluminum
- 1 roll of PARCHMINUM equals 25 boxes of aluminum foil and parchment paper
- 8 times less expensive to use than aluminum foil and on average 11 times less expensive to use that parchment paper.
- 100% non-stick and PFOA Free, reusable, reversible, easy to clean, and allows for oil and fat-free cooking and is also suitable temperatures up to 550°
Healthier Food Options
- Terra’s Kitchen, is an innovative meal-kit delivery service that makes it easy and quick to cook up tasty dishes at home leaving more time for memory making in the kitchen and beyond! Terra’s Kitchen promises farm-to-front door delivery of fresh, seasonal ingredients that are pre-portioned and prepped for skillet-ready, chef-designed recipes. Each meal can be made in 30 minutes or less, giving families more time for the things that matter. Each Terra’s Kitchen recipe costs an average of $10-$14 per serving. For more information visit: www.terraskitchen.com
- Explore Cuisine Edamame Spaghetti
- Say goodbye to empty carbs and indulge in this nutritious, delectable dinner dish with Explore Cuisine’s Edamame Spaghetti, containing nearly half of your daily protein AND fiber requirements in just one serving.
- Go Organically Fruit Snacks are a smarter portion controlled on-the-go snack.
- Gaea Olive Oil is a must-have for your pantry… ditch PAM sprays and canola oils and add Olive Oil to your pantry this spring – Gaea Fresh is THE freshest oil out there and is made from hand-picked olives in greece
- VIKI’S GRANOLA ON-THE-GO PACKS Nutritious & delicious granola made with 100% ALL NATURAL ingredients, gluten-free, minimal added sugar, and baked with love! The convenient, single serve packets are available in original honey, blueberry almond and maple cranberry flavors—perfect for taking on the go. Available at retailers nationwide and online at www.VikisFoods.com MSRP: $11.99 / (10) 1.5oz bags
- Add these Nutritious Ingredients to your Breakfast: Carrington Farms Organic Flax Chia Paks (Available at supermarkets nationwide and online at www.carringtonfarms.com for $8.99/ 12 Paks)
- Packed in ready-to-eat, portable and convenient single-serve packets with a pre-measured daily dosage
- Certified Organic, Low Carb, Non-GMO and Gluten-Free
- Excellent source of energy and nutrients for lasting heart health and boosted metabolism.
- Perfect addition to yogurt, smoothies and parfaits
Disclosure: All products listed about were gifted for a Television segment. Products were in exchange for our time and opinion for the best products for spring cleaning your diet.